HUMAN RESOURCES LEADER
Strategic, resourceful, innovative human resources leader with a reputation for integrity, initiative, and a results-driven work ethic. Strengths include building strong teams, designing innovative talent practices, fostering employee satisfaction, and nurturing a positive company culture.
NEW YORK, NY
FEB 2020 – present
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
I execute the strategic HR initiatives for a leading national provider of legal and deposition services.
- Draft and enforce company policies and practices.
- Support employee relations issues and lead investigations.
- Provide support and guidance to management and other staff in dealing with complex, specialized, and sensitive matters.
- Administer and execute tasks in delicate circumstances, such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Assist the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s HR and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Source, screen, interview, and hire candidates.
- Manage the performance review and performance escalation processes.
JAN 2018 – FEB 2020
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
Managed a Mexico-based customer service department of a U.S. headquartered retail e-commerce business.
- Supervised day-to-day operations of a busy customer service team that processed online orders across dozens of e-commerce websites, preventing fraud and ensuring accuracy.
- Made outbound fraud prevention calls, and took inbound calls to remedy order and shipping issues.
- Recruited, hired, trained, mentored, and developed a Customer Service team.
- Worked with Magento, Shopify, Volusion, WordPress, and ShipWorks.
LOS ANGELES, CA
DEC 2014 – JAN 2018
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Led the routine functions of the HR department for Los Angles’ largest app-based courier and black label food delivery service.
- Directed recruitment, onboarding, employee engagement, discipline, retention, record keeping, compliance, and compensation for more than 120 courier drivers and office staff.
- Prepared schedules for dispatchers and drivers.
- Responsible for leading and implementing employment and labor relation strategies.
This journey with Schlep & Fetch was quite incredible, from such a modest start up to the largest delivery service of its kind in LA. We all did great work and can be very proud. I know I speak for Holiday too when I say we were so incredibly fortunate to have you along on that journey with us. You were so often the rock that made us feel like we could pull it off. I am forever grateful for your contribution. You are a great person, smart, and hard working.
HOLLYWOOD HILLS, CA
FEB 2012 – JAN 2015
REAL ESTATE AGENT
Real estate agent specializing in the ultra-luxury rental market in Laguna Beach and Los Angeles.
- Contacted property owners and advertised services to solicit property listings.
- Coordinated property closings. Oversaw the signing of documents and disbursement of trust funds.
- Prepared documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, and leases.
- Coordinated maintenance, emergency repairs, and damage control work.
- Successfully mediated landlord–tenant disputes.
- Developed strong rental agreements that protected our landlords from litigation.
I worked with Maurice when I was considering renting in Laguna Beach. Maurice has a great deal of knowledge about the LB market. He is very personable and took the time to listen to what I was looking for which is very refreshing. He is also very patient as I had a hard time deciding where I wanted to live, but he never made me feel pressured. I did not end up renting a place in Laguna Beach, but I would highly recommend Maurice to anyone looking to rent or buy a home in Laguna Beach.
LAGUNA BEACH, CA
SEPT 2005 – DEC 2013
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Combined entrepreneurial drive with business management skills to lead a business development strategy for an online marketplace for bed and breakfasts, inns, and tourism activities.
- Implemented and led a team of independent contractor salespeople; more than doubled company revenue.
- Responsible for shifting the company’s main source of income from Fortune 500 national brand promotions to advertising sales.
- Improved sales tools by constantly reassessing and modifying techniques.
- Gained experience in book publishing, search engine optimization, managerial and HR skills, and customer relations techniques.
- Interviewed, hired, trained, mentored, coached, and evaluated the performance of a 25-person sales team.
Moe was always enthusiastic about any new duties and interested in contributing in every way possible. He launched several new projects and completed them successfully. As well, he was in charge of sales and did a fine job, thoroughly educating himself on every aspect of benefits. Honest and ethical in every way.
Great work ethic! Maurice showed us great initiative and a willingness to think outside the box to get leads and sales. His role as a trainer for other sales team members was invaluable to the growth of the company. Helped develop a training system that we currently use to manage field sales agents.